One of the many wonderful things about being a parent is getting to do all of those fun things that you did as a kid over again. Things like baseball games, Disney movies, trick-or-treating and going to the zoo. Seeing all of those things again, but this time through your child's eyes, is such an amazing experience. Saturday we took a trip to the Newport Aquarium and it was one of those special days where you get to relive your childhood, but in an even more wonderful way. Nate enjoyed the aquarium and had a lot of fun, but Dawson LOVED it! He ran from one exhibit to another yelling, "Mom, come look at this!" or "Dad, did you see that?" I'll never forget the wonder in his eyes and the huge smiles that lit up his face. He wanted to look at everything and touch as many creatures as he could. He kept asking me to take pictures of the fish and animals so he could remember them when he got home. His absolute favorite was petting the sharks. I think he would still be standing at the petting pool if we had let him. I don't know if there is any better feeling, as a parent, than seeing pure joy on your child's face. It makes all the work that goes into planning a family trip totally worth it. We had a wonderful time together and I know we made some precious memories. After all, isn't that what it's all about?





No comments:
Post a Comment