So, it's Monday. Time for my family to get back to work, school, homework, chores, practices and all those other things that pull us in a million different directions. I have to admit, I really wasn't in the mood for all of it this morning. I have tons of laundry to do, floors need to be vacuumed, carpets need to be cleaned, beds need to be made, bathrooms to clean.......you get the idea. Every mother understands this feeling I'm sure. We all do these household chores every week, just to do them all over again the next week. It's a never-ending cycle, right? Well, even though it sometimes feels that way, we will not always have as much laundry to do and our house will not always be as messy. Our kids will grow up and start lives of their own and we will have a quiet, neat, clean house before we know it. When I think of it that way, it puts everything in a whole new perspective. I begin to count my blessings and realize how thankful I am to have little feet running across my floors tracking in who knows what. Thankful for the opportunity to make meals for the people I love. It makes matching all those socks a little less like a chore and a lot more like a privilege. I have been blessed with a family! A family that I adore! I have been given the wonderful opportunity to be here everyday and do my best to make a peaceful, nurturing, loving home for them to live and grow in. Yes, it is a big responsibility and yes, it does take an incredible amount of work, but it is a GIFT! I want to always remember that. God has given me some pretty spectacular people to share my life with and the least I can do is honor Him in the way that I take care of them. There is no better "job" on the planet!

No comments:
Post a Comment