Why A Blog?
They are growing up right before my eyes. Everyday, when I look at my boys, I see them growing and changing. Not only their physical appearance, but everything about them changes a little everyday. They aren't babies anymore! I am in complete awe of just how quickly childhood disappears. I am so incredibly thankful to have beautiful, healthy children that are growing exactly as they should be. It is bittersweet, though. Each day there are more and more things they can do for themselves that they used to need ME for. They no longer need me to bathe them, dress them, tie their shoes, brush their teeth, help them up and down the stairs, or put them in the car. All these things and so much more, they can do all by themselves. I have been a mother for almost 11 years now and I have found that being a mother is a constantly changing role. In some ways it gets easier and in others it's much harder, but it is always changing. As a mother, you go from doing everything for your child, to slowly letting go and watching them develop into the people that God wants them to be. As hard as those sleepless nights and round-the-clock feedings are, I believe the "letting go" is much, much harder. Everyone always tells you to enjoy every second with your children because they grow up so quickly. Until you experience this for yourself, however, you just have no idea. This is why I wanted to start a blog. I want to record their milestones, the funny things they say, and even just the daily happenings of life with my precious Nate and Dawson. Something for us all to look back on and cherish. It is so easy to forget these moments in the busyness of life, but these moments are exactly what make life so special! Ready or not, here we go........!


No comments:
Post a Comment